The Hesburgh Libraries and The University Writing Center cosponsor this Dissertation (or other large writing project) Day Camp. This camp is best suited for graduate students who have already attended a week-long dissertation camp held over semester break. Undergraduate students are permitted if they have attended the senior thesis camp week prior to this event.
Attendance and participation in the full day is expected for those who register. The camp sessions are held from 9:30am-4:30pm in the Hesburgh Library Second Floor Reading Room.
The schedule is focused on two three hour writing blocks with light morning and afternoon refreshments, light lunch provided and a small goal setting and wrap up session at the beginning and end of the day. Registration will cap at 25 participants.
Our schedule will include:
- 9:30 am-9:45 am - Morning goal setting session
- 9:45 am-12:30 pm - Morning writing session
- 12:30 pm-1:30pm - Lunch
- Afternoon snack available around 3:00 pm
- 1:30 pm-4:15pm - Afternoon writing session
- 4:15-4:30 pm - Wrap up, review and taking time to plan for going forward with your research and writing
- 4:30- you are WELCOME to stay and continue writing, or leave and enjoy your day.
A small pre-assignment will be sent to participants to help organize for the day. Due to the short duration of the day, no writing consultations are offered. Methods for supporting your work after the day's completion will be discussed and encouraged during the end of day wrap-up.