Library Workshops and Events
Pre-Application for Graduate Thesis and Dissertation Camp
Fall Break 2017 Dissertation Camp REQUIRES pre-application for prioritizing admission. The application is open from August 18, 2017 - September 20, 2017.
Applications are reviewed and prioritized beginning September 21, 2017. Notification of admission or wait-list status will be sent within the week following. A private registration link will be sent to those admitted. As spaces open, those wait-listed will be invited to register. Registration is required.
Please use the following link to complete the application which will be sent to the camp organizers:
More Camp Info:
The Hesburgh Libraries proudly offers a research and writing program co-sponsored with the University Writing Center and the Graduate School. Dissertation Camp is a week-long writing retreat that will give participants a chance to focus exclusively on the dissertation project with few distractions. Breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, and tea are provided. Camp dates are fall break 2017, October 16-20
The purpose of the camp is to help scholars focus on their own research and writing as they work toward completion of their dissertation or thesis.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
* Jumpstart or move forward in their research and writing process
* Work in dedicated spaces in the Hesburgh Library
* Consult with their subject librarians
* Consult with University Writing Center tutors about their work
* Engage with colleagues in their own and other graduate divisions to learn
best practices from peers
* Form communities of practice to engage in the camp process after
* Camp admission is prioritized to those students who are in the active writing phase, either:
-- post proposal defense phase, or
-- post thesis approval stage
-- notification will be given by mid-September to allow your preparation
* Invitation to register is sent after application review and within two weeks of the camp start.
* Graduate students not yet in the active thesis or dissertation writing phase are admitted,
- Thursday, October 19, 2017
- 8:30AM - 4:30PM
- Hesburgh Library